Varmam is a unique branch of siddha system of medicine which involves the therapeutic manipulation of certain vital life energy points (places where pranan is concentrated) to normalize the flow of Vasi or swasam in the body.
Totally 108 varma points which include 12 paduvarmam and 96 thoduvarmam were described in siddha text varmakannadivarmams are tuned in various pressure by varmam therapists for managing different musculoskeletal disorders like cervical spondylosis, lumbar spondylosis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow and arthritis of knee joint.
- Relieves general muscle spasm.
- Boosts memory and overall immunity.
- Helpful in treatment of special children and various neurological disorders like hemiplegia, facial palsy, parkinsonism, etc.
- Corrects refractory error and glaucoma.
- Relieves headache due to sleeplessness, depression, anxiety, and food allergy.
- Management of endocrine disorders like hypo / hyperthyroidism and diabetes mellitus.
- Helps to control uterine bleeding and dysmenorrhea.
- Arrests vomiting, controls hiccup and relieves constipation.
- Improves speech and controls stammering.
- In genitourinary tract, it controls bedwetting, stress and urge incontinence.